
Kathmandu: FIFA has fired its chief operating officer, Kevin Lamour. The dismissal comes less than three weeks after Lamour openly criticized FIFA president Gianni Infantino’s plan to sell private investors a stake in FIFA competitions.
A FIFA spokesperson confirmed that Lamour’s working relationship with the organization ended on August 17. “We thank Kevin for his two years of service to FIFA and wish him all the best for the future,” the spokesperson said.
FIFA Secretary General Mathias Grafström told staff in an email on Monday evening that Lamour and FIFA had “mutually agreed to part ways.”
Last month, Lamour criticized the controversial FIFA Forward Enterprise (FFE) plan, calling it a one man project. He said the plan bypassed FIFA’s own administration.
“If that means I lose my job, so be it,” Lamour said at the time. “I will understand and respect that decision. At least I can sleep peacefully at night.”
Lamour joined FIFA in November 2024. Before that, he served as deputy secretary general at UEFA. At FIFA, he ranked two levels below Infantino in the management structure.
Earlier this month, Infantino won the backing of FIFA’s senior executives at a meeting in Morocco. Lamour was not invited to that meeting.
Despite that show of support, criticism of Infantino has not faded. A new candidate is reportedly being prepared to challenge him in the next FIFA presidential election.














Comments